Monday, October 8, 2012

Photo Alert Photo Alert


Two posts in two days!! I must be really bored.

There is a first for everything... here are some of my Africa ones from the past few days! 

My first tressing:

By 5am the braids were out... way overly painful pour moi.
Oh.. If I'm ever feeling crazy enough to try this again... actually no, won't happen.   

My first African kitchen experiment:
Tortilla recipe becomes curried flat bread treats.
Check the Haiku.. (inspired by Erik's current haiku obsession)

Flour Tortilla
The Canned Hummus Is Scary
What Flavor Are You!

Maybe we should resurrect  my old Daring Kitchen blog...
"Peace Corps Kitch:  Qu'est-ce que vous mangez avec moutarde aujourd'hui!" 

My first boumba:

Ladies and Gentlemen... The Beninoise Photo Face
(please ignore the smile peeking through) 

My first monsoon related flooding... Yay!

All of the letters I've been saving from home laying out and drying :(
Luckily less than a handful had real damage... and only 1 was totally destroyed!! 

Wish I could say that was my first Africa Haiku...
Z

3 comments:

  1. I want to haiku
    just like Zoe and Erik
    so i googled how

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe---what is a boumba?---and loving that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boumba... traditional Beninese outfit.
      Also known as that dress!!

      Delete